Saturday, October 1, 2011

Checking In

Hello everyone, Just thought I would stop by and say Hi. Things have been moving fast on the farm as usual. I cannot believe summer is gone and fall is here. Where has the time gone! Fair went well for the kids this year. They won 1st, 3rd and 4th in their market classes with their animals. My daughters candle entry won best of class. Farmers markets are winding down I have till the end of Oct then we will be done with all but one on Saturdays through the winter. We have our silage all chopped, hay is done for the year and corn & beans are next to harvest. We have had alot of rain here in the past week so that is holding things up. I now have a candle-soapmaking-craft room. The kids switched rooms and freed one up for my stufff. See pictures below. My dining room is a dining room again and we can now have company over! We had a early doe season here in Michigan , the youngest son got two and the middle son got one so more meat for the frezzer. They are sure looking foward to regular deer hunting season.The most exciting news right now is my son and his girlfriend are going to have a baby in Feb. so a new addition to the family. My babysitting of the nieces has went down to one the oldest one is in kindergarten all day but I sure do miss having her. I guess that catches you up for now. Have a great weekend!
T

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good summer. Now maybe you can relax some. lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my readers so please feel free to leave me a comment. Rebekah

Swidget 1.0