Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cottage Cheese

Here is my cottage cheese. Before we eat it I will add some cream so it is not so dry. It was so easy to make. I will share the recipe and you can give it a try.
1 gallon skim milk you need the cream to add later
You can use whole milk but you will need some cream
1/2 cup vinegar
Put your milk in the pan and slowly bring it to 190%. Once you reach your temp take it off the heat and add the vinegar. Stir in vinegar and cool for 30 minutes. Then strain through cheese cloth. Try to squeeze as much liquid out as you can. Then you take the hunk of cheese you have put in a bowl and chop in to small curds. Add salt and pepper. When you are ready to eat add cream to your liking. I keep the whey to boil noodles, make soup or bread.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recipe... The cheese looks yummy...I don't know is I would be able to make it, but I'm going to try! Hope you and your family have a lovely evening and a Blessed Sunday...
    Warmly,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very easy to make Loretta! Give it a try I'm sure you will love it. Hope you have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my readers so please feel free to leave me a comment. Rebekah

Swidget 1.0