Saturday, September 11, 2010

CHOPPING SILAGE

Well hello everyone we have one more job accomplished here on the farm. That would be we have our silage bags filled for the year. It is so nice to know we have feed for our animals to last the year. We might cut hay again but that has not been decided for sure. The next job will be harvesting corn and beans.

We got rid of some pigs Wednesday that was sure a relief. We have just a few now enough to supply people with pork. Our meat has been selling great at the farmers market. We are very glad to be able to provide people with quality meat from our farm to their table.

I had a day off of farmers market last week for labor day. I was able to get 55 candles made.

The kitty we found in the combine is growing big and doing great. He is definitely the hubby's cat he spoils him so bad.

I will be holding a giveaway within the next two weeks consisting of the things I have made. It will be a soy candle, lotion bar, a bar of goats milk soap, bath salts and a crocheted washcloth.

Hope you all have a great week. Blessings from the Hoover farm to your home. Rebekah

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh a giveaway! I can't wait! I don't know how you find the time to make so many nice things,it sounds like you all are so busy on your farm! I have been working on the same afghan since last Christmas,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stopped by to say hi and I hope you are having a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my readers so please feel free to leave me a comment. Rebekah

Swidget 1.0