Sunday, June 6, 2010

SUNDAY HELLO

Hello, Thought I would update a little on what has been going on around the farm. This week was quite busy. I did not babysit this week so we tried to get some stuff accomplished well I could help. Tuesday we took a cow and pig to be butchered. Did some other errands well in town. Came home only to find our 6 bigger pigs had been running around the whole time we were gone. So got them back in finally after about an hour. I went and got some stuff for hubby to spray hay. He was trying to get that done before we had rain. That was pretty much that day. Wednesday we went to the weekly auction. Took 3 steers to sell. We were able to buy some cheap hay. We did not really need it but when it is that cheap it helps to keep hay stocked up. I finally got my new vacuum pump and milk cans. We bought them from a guy at the auction. I'm so excited cause when we get the set up going I can milk both cows at once can't wait. Thursday we built fence, moved cows and chased cows for hours. After all the work was done we took the kids fishing. We all needed the break it was so relaxing. My legs were so sore that night and hurt terrible. Friday the guys replanted some corn that did not come up. I baked bread, cookies and Amish friendship bread. Then went to town to do some banking and errands. Pretty much my week in a nut shell. Leave a comment about what you did this week I would love to hear from you. Hope everyone has a great week. Rebekah

3 comments:

  1. It is so nice to read up on how you are doing Rebekah! We picked up our 1/4 beef yesterday from a local farmer, then went to a prime rib buffet with friends last night! I had my grandson Monday and yesterday. I visited an art studio in a nearby popular little river town where my daughter has her photography on display for the summer. I am so proud of her! Other than that, weeding and gardening, and fixing meals, and cleaning house and all of that! Slipped going down the basement steps so alittle sore but A.O.K. Take care and God bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you fell hope you are doing o.k. Sounds like you are busy also. It is that time of year. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are good,and busy, for you and your family!We will be taking some animals to butcher soon...freezers getting low!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my readers so please feel free to leave me a comment. Rebekah

Swidget 1.0