Monday, July 27, 2009

Recipe For Chocolate Waffles

Here is a recipe my family loves I guess you would say it is a famliy favorite. They are really good if you warm up strawberry jam so it is like syrup and whipping cream on top yummy.
Chocolate Waffles
2 cups flour
5 tsp. b.p.
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup melted shortening (I use butter)
1 tsp vanilla
Combine dry ingredients. Beat eggs. Add milk, shortening and vanilla to eggs, then mix into dry ingredients. Bake in a hot waffle iron. Serve with hot syrup, whipped cream or ice cream.
For my family I double this. They can warm them up the next day or you can freeze them for later. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from my readers so please feel free to leave me a comment. Rebekah

Swidget 1.0