Friday, January 29, 2010

SURPRISE

To my surprise when I went to milk this morning here is what I found a baby goat I was not expecting. This is not the mom I expected to kid. There were no signs at all. You can see how fat she is and she only had one. What is up with that! Oh I almost forgot it is a girl. They would rather lay on cold cement then in their nice hutch full of shavings.

She is such a good mommy. Before I got them moved from the pen this morning she was trying to ram the cows when they came close.

The cows always come in the barn shaking their head at the goats and then they run. Well today she stood right in front of that baby and put her head down standing her ground.



11 comments:

  1. What a great surprise and a really good momma goat! The baby is so cute. I've had a few of those surprise deliveries this year too. I think some of the girls were hiding their heat and breeding time last fall! Just when you think you have them figured out they like to pull surprises like this just to keep us guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEah!!! I have a little over a month till first due date possibility!!! But Moses is helping ward off some of that Baby goat fever!!Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! Our first doe to kid is due in about 3 weeks...I'm looking forward to the kidding season and of course milking again:)

    How many of yours are bred?
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No the baby does not have a name because she is going to a new home. We are only the temporary home. Jenna we have 7 bred I have only 6 milkers and my daughter has 2. I sold nine goats yesterday. Trying to stay at a number I can handle because I also have 6 dairy cows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something like this just happened at "our crazy farm" blog site last week! That is so funny to me. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love baby goats. What a great surprise. I wonder with her being so fat... was the new little one still wet at all? Do you think there is another in there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marci nope only the one. I had another goat kid and you would have thought she had triplets but only twins. Guess I just feed them to good.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my readers so please feel free to leave me a comment. Rebekah

Swidget 1.0