Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summer Work

Hello everybody thought I would update everyone on what is going on around the Hoover household. I have been busy at the canning.

My husband is trying to get hay put up. His corn silage is about 4 days from chopping and the
tractor is broke. The joys of farming it seems like when one thing goes wrong it all does. Cause
as you know most farmers are not rich and fixing farm equipment is not cheap.

My daughter has decided to show a couple of our dairy cows at fair next year. So we have already started working with one of them. Why not add a couple more cows when you have four going what is two more.

I canned 13 quarts of pickled beets today. My family likes them best that way. I can open a can and they will just eat them out of the can. Blanched some broccoli and cauliflower to freeze today. Time to pick tomatoes and green beans again. It is cold here at night so things are not ripening to fast.

Well I will leave you with a verse to think on till next time.

Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.

1 comment:

  1. How many dairy are you taking? Are you taking heifers or cows? I have a heifer or two I really want to show! If you find any info, could you pass it on? I would really appreciate it! Are you going to do any goats next year?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my readers so please feel free to leave me a comment. Rebekah

Swidget 1.0