Monday, September 21, 2009

Canning Grape Juice

Here are the picture of canning grape juice. I forgot to take the camera so we could take picking pictures sorry. We have concords to go pick yet when we do I will post pictures. Here I have the grapes and sugar in jars just have to add boiling water and seal. Then in the hot water bath they go.
Here are the jars in the hot water bath where they will stay about 10 to 15 minutes after water boils.

Here is the finished product. I think we ended up with 36 jars of yummy grape juice.
We are off to a friends today so they can show my daughter how to show rabbits for fair. We also
have a bushel of white grapes to can for juice . Sometimes I just wish there were more hours in the day. Oh well it will all get accomplished sometime. Have a great day. God Bless Rebekah.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! We got about 40+ quarts and still didn't use them all. Now we are out of canning jars and still have all the apple sauce to do yet. Oh well, guess we'll just have to see what we can come up with. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just put everything in a jar like that? I can't get over that recipe - how neat!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my readers so please feel free to leave me a comment. Rebekah

Swidget 1.0