Monday, December 28, 2009

Cheddar and Garlic Bread

My middle son is home from Tennessee visiting for Christmas so his request was for me to make Cheese bread that is what the kids call it. So I thought I would share the recipe. It is an awesome tasting bread and my family loves it. Left to Right Avery, my niece Mayce and my son Wesley
Bread rising in the bowl.

Getting ready to rise in the pans.



All done 6 beautiful loaves of cheese bread.

Cheddar & Garlic Bread
4c. warm water 2 Tbsp. yeast 1/3c. sugar
Combine and let set for 10 minutes. In a large bowl combine the following:
1/3c. sugar 2.tsp salt 3/4c. oil
Combine the two mixtures and add the following according to directions below:
10c. all-purpose white flour (divided) 2tsp. garlic powder 1c. cheddar cheese powder
Add 5c. of flour, garlic powder and cheddar cheese powder; blend well. Add the other 5c. of flour, one at a time, and blend well. If dough seems too sticky add 1 more cup of flour.Put in bowl with lid cover dough with lid and let rise 10 minutes; knead down. Repeat 3 times every 10 minutes. Let rise until lid bulges. Then separate in to 6 1 pound pieces. Put in greased bread pans let rise to top of pans. Bake at 350% for 20 minutes then down to 325% for 10 minutes.
Cheddar cheese powder can be found at Amish bulk food stores.

3 comments:

  1. Yumm! I'll bet it smells and tastes as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your bread turns out just beautifully! I can never get mine to look like that, no matter what I do. I'm going to try your recipe....I just love cheese bread. Just asking- what is cheddar cheese powder? I've never heard of it before. Could you substitute cheese for it if it's not available? Thanks!
    The Girl in the Pink Dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cheese will not work. Cheddar cheese powder is like the stuff that comes in kraft macoroni and cheese in the packs that you add. I can tell you the secert to good looking bread is in the kneading. I have a mixer that does all the kneading for me or mine would not look this good either. Thanks Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my readers so please feel free to leave me a comment. Rebekah

Swidget 1.0