Sunday, December 13, 2009

PICTURE AND A STORY


I bet you are thinking what in the world she talks about Christ in Christmas then here is her daughter with santa claus. Here is an answer no we do not believe in santa clause nor do we teach our children to. I just mostly put it on so you could see the most recent picture of my daughter and there is a little story that goes with the picture. Here is the story every year my Husbands work has a big Christmas dinner for all the employees which we attend. For the kids to get the big bag of candy they give away you guessed it they have to do the whole lap sitting thing with santa. My daughters take on it is I get candy and my picture took. So this is what we did yesterday is had lunch with my husband and it is so worth it you gets lots of food. We had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, corn, cranberry sauce and rolls. The best part was I did not have to cook any of it! Then off to wal mart we went because our cats were not very happy without food. On to the homestead for the usual night chores. That was our day in a nutshell. Hope you all have a great day today and God bless Rebekah.

4 comments:

  1. Rebekah,
    Your daughter is so cute plus candy and a new picture sounds worth it to sit on Santas lap. Sounds like a wonderful day-no cooking and cleanup is always good! That dinner sounds wonderful.
    vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vickie. Probally the best part was no cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture, and it is SO worth it to get candy! We pretty much never did the santa thing when our kids were little, but we always watched all the Christmas specials about him. It's easy to separate that stuff from the true meaning of CHRISTmas, and the kids were never confused about the two. I have lots of santa decorations, especially the vintage, but what takes center stage is Jesus, and that is exactly what YOU do!
    And mmmm...a meal you didn't have to cook??? Does it get any better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree a Meal you dont have to cook!! Woo hoo! My girls were never taught to believe Santa was bringing the presents. I was 5 and told my grampa there was no such thing!lol They arent harmed in anyway. But we dont avoid something Just because it has Santa in or on it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from my readers so please feel free to leave me a comment. Rebekah

Swidget 1.0